AACAP Ethics Committee Charge
- Identify ethical issues related to the field of child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Serve an educational function regarding ethics for the membership and components of AACAP.
- Collaborate with AACAP components when ethical problems are identified by the AACAP membership.
- Be a resource regarding ethics issues for the Executive Committee and Council.
- Refer positions of the committee to the AACAP Executive Committee.
- Advise inquirers and those with ethical complaints against individual AACAP members that the AACAP procedure is to refer such issues to larger, related medical organizations and/or state medical licensing authorities.
- Establish links with ethics committees of related professional organizations in order to enhance the mutual flow of relevant information and knowledge.